Are you looking to build an online store? Looking to use WordPress development services or Magento services? Both offer a host of features. Magento development services provides an end-to-end solution powering integrated and fully-managed commerce across all storefronts – physical, digital and virtual. Magento, just like WordPress, is based on an open source technology. It is an e-commerce platform with many dedicated e-commerce features that have been trusted by over 150,000 online store owners, including some of the world’s prominent brands, ranging from small businesses to large multinational corporations.
However, with the help of WordPress Ecommerce Plugins you can turn your current WordPress site into a fully functional online store. Imagine how exciting it would be to be blogging and growing a followership, and the next day launching a product gallery with eBooks and merchandise.
Essential Elements of Ecommerce Plugins for WordPress Development Services
- Payment Solutions – eCommerce plugin need to provide robust support for your preferred payment gateways by default or through an extension
- Design and Customization – Offers plenty of templates and easy customization options. Store’s overall design is customer’s first impression about your business
- Apps and Integrations – Provides seamless third-party integrations for third-party apps like email marketing services, CRM software, and accounting software. These tools allow managing and growing ecommerce business effectively and efficiently
- Support options – Make sure that there are support options available which can save you from hassles in the long run
Best WordPress Ecommerce Plugins
Now that you know what to look for in an eCommerce platform and what you need to get started, here are our top Ecommerce Plugins for the best eCommerce platform for WordPress users.
- Easy Digital Downloads
- WP eCommerce
WooCommerce is now the most popular eCommerce platform on the web, so you can rest assured you’re in good company. The name WooCommerce is synonymous with instantly turning WordPress blog into an ecommerce store, and it’s definitely the most popular solution to do so. Regularly audited by Sucuri, WooCommerce is built on WordPress, the software that runs 26% of the web.
Here are the features of WooCommerce
- Built to seamlessly work with WordPress, which is the world’s most popular and powerful method for creating a website
- Show products available on sites with an affiliate link for customers to purchase them
- Offer any number of variations for a product with the option to set prices, stock and images for each variation
- Take payments via Stripe and PayPal. Accept credit cards, Direct Bank Transfer, checks or Cash on Delivery
- Provide customers the option of pickup, local delivery or shipping, as well options based on customer location
- Auto-detect customer’s address to ensure simple shipping and tax calculations
- Geo-location support to detect your customer’s address for custom tax calculations
- You can select if your WooCommerce store uses your store’s address or uses geo-location
BigCommerce is a fully hosted eCommerce platform that offers seamless integration with WordPress. This allows you to use a scalable eCommerce platform while using WordPress to manage your content and run your website. It has a powerful integration plugin for WordPress which makes it very easy to embed your products in WordPress. It automatically creates the sign in, cart, account, and other important pages for you.
- Provides features such as enterprise grade security, high performance, and easy scalability
- eCommerce engine separate from other content makes it easy to run your WordPress site
- Used on your website as well as other channels like Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon
- Does not charge for each transaction. You can choose from dozens of top payment gateways and only pay the payment service provider
Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads allows you to sell digital downloads online using WordPress. It is very easy to use and comes with several features to create beautiful and functional digital store. When it comes to selling digital products online, Easy Digital Downloads comes across as one of the best plugins. We have used Easy Digital Downloads with great success, not only on client sites but also on a few of our own projects.
- Encourage customers to buy more by creating discount codes
- Allow customers to purchase multiple downloads using the shopping cart system and with clean cart elements, the shopping cart feels seamless
- Allow to download purchased files endlessly or restrict file downloads by time and/or attempt
- Monitor all data about your product files which are being downloaded by your customers
- Easily track date, time, and even IP address of all purchased and downloaded files
- Developers and external applications can take advantage of a complete RESTful API that provides easy access to sales and product information in either jSON or XML format
- Easy Digital Downloads has a large, active community of bloggers, developers, and enthusiasts that might help out your store
WP eCommerce has frequently been seen as a direct alternative to WooCommerce. The main reason for this is because the plugin is set up very similar to WooCommerce, including the dashboard interface and the pricing model. Since 2006, we’ve been helping entrepreneurs just like you realize their goal of selling online. Whether you’re hoping to sell digital downloads, physical inventory, or subscriptions and memberships – with WP eCommerce, you’re only minutes away from your next sale.
- Make the plugin your own with CSS and HTML customizations
- Integration with dozens of different payment gateways
- Integrate with many popular WordPress plugins
- Use built-in marketing tools to sell more
- Shipping is easy with built in shipping tools and integration with popular couriers
- Secure check-out with SSL
- Manage your orders and catalogues with powerful built-in tools
- Extend your eCommerce site with additional modules
- Integrate with WordPress multisite
We hope this quick roundup of top WordPress ecommerce plugins will allow you to launch, manage, and develop your online store. It is important to understand your business objectives and target audience. If you have any questions about the best WordPress ecommerce plugins, drop us a line in the comments below.