Originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf, PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor is a general-purpose programming language designed for web applications development. With well-organized modules, dynamic developer base, and quick time-to-market, The Main advantages of php is that it is the most popular languages empowering web applications development. Its consistently growing popularity and reliability can be determined by the fact that several reputed sites are based on PHP. This is possible because PHP websites can be easily maintained, improved and updated from time to time. However, it is important to partner with a PHP development company to leverage latest updates and features of PHP. Additionally, since the PHP community is so active and vivacious, websites can use some of the best PHP framework to engineer ingenious websites.
Here is my list of php development tools and best PHP editor that have established a reputation of empowering web applications development process.
- Server side scripting language like PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, .Net & Node.js
- Database : MySql(RDBMS), NoSql(Dynamic Database)like MongoDB, DynamoDb
There are features and advantages that make PHP as one of the preferred options for the backend development process.
Advantages of PHP Development
PHP is open source and cross-platform. As a result, allows operation across different operating systems. It works seamlessly on LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems, as well as interfaces effortlessly with Apache/MySQL.
Due to its consistently growing popularity, PHP provides a voluminous support in terms of references and guide on the net. It can provide one of the most robust support system in terms of developer communities supporting PHP, support groups, forums, and much more. This voluminous support makes support for PHP applications and maintenance robust.
PHP is no longer restricted to website application development. It has also developed in the mobile domain. Also, the language is used to build highly feature oriented and complex apps across different sections.
With multiple extensions, PHP offers the much needed option of scalability for organizations to meet the burgeoning requirements of growing user base.
Best PHP Framework for Web Development
There are best PHP frameworks for 2019 which assist developers in building complex and secure web applications at much faster pace than ever before. PHP framework can help in building complex enterprise applications with varying difficulty level, application needs, and development time-frames.
- Cost Effectiveness
- Ease of Development
- Help with faster acceleration to market
Originally developed by Taylor Otwell to build web applications with the model–view–controller (MVC) architectural pattern, Laravel is free, open-source PHP web framework. Whether you are a team of expert developers or a single developer, Laravel can keep all relevant stakeholders in sync with database agnostic migrations and schema builders.
- Feature-rich ORM, painless routing, robust queue library, and simple authentication to offer the tools to build modern and maintainable PHP in order to deliver amazing applications.
- With Laravel get a delightful development experience such as local development environment with Vagrant an effective way to manage and provision Virtual Machines.
- Official Vagrant box, Laravel Homestead provides development environment which does not require installation of PHP, a web server, and any other server software on your local machine.
- Develop web apps with complex backend allowing customization to meet developer’s needs with MVC support and high level of security.
CodeIgniter is a high performance and Best PHP framework with a very small footprint. This framework is an ideal solution specifically for developers seeking simplicity. With a toolkit to create full-featured web applications, CodeIgniter 3 has a 2MB download, including the user guide.
- Framework with a small footprint offering simple solutions to overcome complexity.
- Clear and effective documentation.
- CodeIgniter User Guide contains tutorials and several “how to” guides, as well as reference documentation defining and outlining that components that form the framework.
- Built-in features to ensure high level of security protection against CSRF and XSS attacks.
Looking to hire PHP developers to build web applications faster, simpler while requiring less code? CakePHP is the right option. CakePHP is a modern framework with a flexible database access layer and scaffolding system to build both small and complex systems.
- Build prototypes with code generation and scaffolding features faster than before.
- Easily set database whenever you are ready without any need to complicated XML or YAML files.
- Licensed under the MIT license, CakePHP is a perfect option for Commercial applications.
- Built in features such as translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and much more.
A PHP micro framework, Slim writes simple and powerful web applications and APIs.
- Fast and powerful router that maps route callbacks to specific HTTP request methods and URIs. It supports parameters and pattern matching.
- PSR-7 HTTP message implementation to inspect and manipulate HTTP message method, status, URI, headers, cookies, and body.
- Support dependency injection to control external tools. Use any Container-Interop container.
Yii is a fast, secure, and best PHP framework with great deal of flexibility and provides the maximum functionality with least overhead.
- Several built-in tools to help write solid and secure code.
- Powerful APIs and code generation to write code in less time.
Symphony is the standard foundation to build best PHP applications. It is a set of tools and a development methodology. It allows selecting from 50 stand-alone components which are a set of decoupled and reusable PHP libraries to build own applications.
- Fasten the development and maintenance of PHP web applications.
- Eliminates repetitive coding tasks and enjoy the power of controlling your code.
- Decoupled and reusable components to build robust PHP applications.
- Best practices, standardization and interoperability of applications.
- Dynamic Symfony Community containing a passionate group of more than 600,000 developers from 120 countries across the globe.
- Perfect choice for developing large-scale enterprise projects.
- Highly flexible option allowing integrating with large-scale projects.
With 379+ million installations, Zend Framework offers several professional PHP packages. It can be used to develop web applications and services using PHP 5.6+ and provides 100% object-oriented code using a broad spectrum of language features.
- Scalable nature of framework comes across high-end and complex websites as it offers a myriad of configuration options.
Related Post: PHP vs Python
The selection of framework or programming language entirely depends on business requirements, ease of learning, and technical expertise. So go ahead and hire PHP developers based on long-term goals and market demands. Analyze, plan and decide on your requirement.